You have defined the work distribution rule as All Cost Center Approvers by Value Limit for the Supplier Invoice approval process, however system failed to determine the higher level managers based on cost centers.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Task Distribution view.
- Select Approval Process sub view.
- Select Default Approval Process for Supplier Invoice.
- Here you have defined the Work Distribution Rule as All Cost Center Approvers by Value Limit.
- Now go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice and Credit Memos view.
- Select the relevant Supplier Invoice & Post.
- Invoice will go for an approval; however, it fails to determine the higher level managers based on cost centers.
In case of work distribution rule All Cost Center Approvers by Value Limit, Managers of all cost centers assigned to the supplier invoice have to approve. For managers for which the supplier invoice value exceeds the approval limit defined in employee work distribution, higher level managers are determined. Here system cannot find the higher level managers because the next level org unit is not a cost center. Hence system cannot find the manager for this unit.
Note: If there is no cost center assigned to the supplier invoice, the reporting line unit manager approves the invoice document.
Based on business requirement, you can mark the org unit as a cost center & then system will determine the higher level cost centers with respective managers.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To