You are trying to simulate a Journal Entry Voucher and see that the General Leger Accounts picked are not the one manually entered.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Leger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries View.
- Go to the Journal Entry Vouchers Sub view.
- Click on New button and select Journal Entry Voucher.
- Maintain the relevant Data (marked with *) and check that the Set of Books is relevant.
- Further down, click on Add row button.
- In the G/L Account column, Maintain the G/L Account ID XYZ manually.
- Click on Simulate.
You observe that, the simulation of Journal Entry Voucher is successful but it shows different general leger accounts ABC than what was entered before simulation.
There is a mapping configured between the Chart of accounts. You can check this by going to
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select and open the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Select GL Account Mapping.
- Search for GL accounts XYZ which belong to chart of accounts PQR and are mapped to GL accounts ABC respectively.
This is consistent with the simulated journal entry generated by the journal entry vouchers created.
You can define a mapping for G/L accounts that are used in different charts of accounts.
This mapping is applied in cases where journal entry vouchers are to be posted in all sets of books for a company and the sets of books do not all use the same chart of accounts.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To