Requirement is to use the standard Furlough/Suspension event with Furlough/Suspension status
1. Set user on Furlough/Suspension status indefinitely and make user status is inactive.
2. Return user from Furlough/Suspension status and make user active again.
Success Factors – Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Set up a Furlough event reason under the Furlough event. However, no option to select the Furlough event in the “Take Action” button for any user.
- Classify the same Event Reason above under the “Leave of Absence” event. On doing that, we can successfully put the person on Leave of Absence with the status of Furlough. But is the Return transaction does not treat this as a Leave of Absence and does not allow to return the user from this Furlough/Suspension and make the user active.
No option to set Standard Furlough/Suspension Event with Furlough/Suspension Status.
Furlough/Suspension is delivered as an event in the system by design but currently we don’t make use of it via MSS or take the event out from the picklist.
There is a plan to include this feature in the product roadmap as a future enhancement. Although no confirmation of the release schedule yet. Jira reference: ECT-65285
As a Workaround:
- youcalc (xml) based event derivation
- use a custom field to set the event reasons (start furlough / end furlough).
- no event reason derivation
- enter the event reasons (start furlough / end furlough) directly in the UI (Take action - Change Job Information)
KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EMP , Employment Information , Product Enhancement