In Recruiting >> Candidates, when you search for candidates using different search criteria, the results are filtered. When you click on one of the candidates in the search result, an application error comes up.
On analysing the server logs you find the "Cannot cast class java.lang.Double to class java.lang.String" error message.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Recruiting >> Candidates
2. Search for an existing candidate with any criteria (example first name contains ”test”). Search results are seen.
3. Click on any of the searched candidates. An application error is received.
When you analyse the logs with respect to this application error, the below message is seen:
Cannot cast class java.lang.Double to class java.lang.String
This error message occurs when there is a text (string) field in the Candidate Application template or Candidate Profile template that is/was mapped as a picklist field in Provisioning> Configure Reportable Custom Fields.
This is a configuration issue that can be fixed following the steps below:
- As a backup, take screen shots of the current settings of [Provisioning> Configure Reportable Custom Fields], for all 3 template types (JRDM, CPT, CDM).
- Remove all the mapped fields. Start from a blank slate. Save, and Synchronize.
- Replicate the issue at your end followig the steps in the section above. You should no longer be able to see the error.
- Go back to Provisioning> Configure Reportable Custom Fields and manually rebuild the custom reportable fields in the 3 templates, verifying that the settings are correct for all fields on all templates (Job Req, Candidate Profile, Application)
KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem