You are trying to import users to your SAP BusinessObjects Cloud using a CSV (Comma Separate Values) file. When importing users you get the following error:
Invalid user name at line 2.
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud 2016
Reproducing the Issue
Try to upload a CSV file containing space characters in the User ID. For example:
my user,Joe,Smith,Joe Smith,email@example.com
Your CSV file contains a User ID with characters not allowed in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud.
Verify that your list of User IDs contain allowed characters. According to the Product Documentation:
Only the following characters are permitted: uppercase letters, digits, underscores, hash marks, and ampersands. Spaces are not allowed in the user ID. The maximum length is 127 characters.
- Help portal
- SAP Community network portal ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP Community WIKI
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Training videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training Events
- Past Event Recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating facility at the top right-hand corner of this article.
user, username, uid, userid, user id, SAP Cloud for Planning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, C4A, BOC, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, SBOC , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem