In the Purchase Order, the Contract as a Source of Supply is not picked up automatically.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Purchase Requests and Orders work center
- Select view Purchase Orders
- Select New and create a Purchase Order for an item
- Go to Assign Source of Supply tab
- Here you can see the Contract as a Source of Supply is not picked up automatically, where as the Contract item is relevant, active and valid.
In case if there is minimum order quantity N maintained on the contract, the system works as follows.
- Purchase Order item with quantity less than N it will not be assigned automatically.
- Purchase order item with exactly equal to or more than the quantity N then the source of supply will be assigned automatically.
System works as designed.
KBA , AP-PCP , Purchasing Contract Processing , How To