You require to Modify the data of the Leads in your system using Mass Data Maintenance. On executing the Import, system updates the Employee Responsible (Sales) to the User’s Name who executed the Import.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Mass Data Maintenance work center
- Select Export Leads link
- Export the General tab to CSV file and modify data in required fields
- Select Import Leads link and upload the file to the General tab
- Execute Data Import Immediately
To view the Employee Responsible:
- Go to Marketing work center
- Go to Leads view
- Search and Open the Lead ID
- Go to the tab Sales and Marketing Team
Party Determination happens whenever there is a change in any of the Involved Parties. It is not possible for the Party framework to determine who is a backend Administrator and who is not.
The behavior where the Employee Responsible changes to User’s Name who updated it, is same whether the changes are performed on frontend or using A2X or Mass Data Maintenance.
To avoid a change of the Employee Responsible during Mass Data Maintenance, you may follow either of the below steps:
- Provide the Employee Name externally
- If you want to switch off Determination of certain Parties, you can uncheck the Active checkbox in the Fine-tuning activity Leads in Business Configuration work center. However, the Administrator should switch it back after updating the Leads. Otherwise it might create inconsistencies for newly created Leads, where the Owner (Sales) will not get determined.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To