Unable to upload scanned supplier invoices through SAP Collaboration Window tool. After you select the txt & pdf files from defined folder, nothing happens and upload fails.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open & Login to SAP Collaboration Window tool.
- Go to Menu -> Select Settings & Invoice Scanning.
- Select Enable service Scanned Invoices check box.
- Browse the files from Observed Folder & select OK.
- Nothing happens & upload fails.
System fails to upload the scanned supplier invoice from the SAP Collaboration Window tool because Company information is not present in the text file, thereby resulting in save failure of supplier invoice.
You have to enter the Company information in the text file and then try to upload the scanned supplier invoice. This should allow the upload.
- There is a change in logic for Scanned Supplier Invoice upload through collaboration window tool. Earlier the Company ID use to pull based on the logged in user. However, in the current logic, system will determine the Company ID, from the text file placed in the dedicated folder and not based on logged in user. For Example: User XYZ uploads the scanned invoice & belongs to Company A. In the txt file, you have maintained the Company B. After upload, system will fetch the company ID as B only which will extract from txt file & not Company A i.e. based on logged in user.
- You can also maintain search terms for keywords for scanned supplier invoice. These search terms will be used by the system during scanning of text file to propose information in supplier invoicing.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects View.
- Select Open Activity List & navigate to Fine-Tune.
- Select All Activities & search for Activity - Supplier Invoice Scanning Keyword Settings.
- Select Open and Define the search Terms for available Key Words.
You can add terms for the following key words; Company
Document Type as Credit Memo
Document Type as Invoice
Document Number on Supplier Side
Order Number (Purchase Order in Buyer’s Side)
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To