When Admin user is trying to make changes to a PM form template in Admin Center > Form Template Settings and upon updating, there is an error message. The error message is “Form template name cannot be empty. Please try again.”
Selecting different languages and default locale will not work.
- SuccessFactors Performance Management
- Form Template Settings
Reproducing the Issue
This cannot be replicated at will.
Usually this is caused by mismatched locales between the company's default locale and the company enabled locales. For the form template, the locale dropdown will list all the available locales, and the company's default locale will be selected by default.
Please contact Product Support to check the following settings and correct the default language set in your instance:
- The enabled language packs of the instance, via Provisioning > Company Settings > Language Packs.
- The default language of the instance, via Provisioning - Company Settings > Default Language
- The Available locales in the form template, via Admin Center > Form Template Settings > Form Template having issue > the locale dropdown.
Also verify the following items:
- Whether the default language is available in the enabled language packs?
- Whether the default language is selected by default when opening the form template?
Please make sure that the default language is among the enabled language packs, and try updating the form template again.
- Form Template Settings error
- Unable to save form