- Starting Lumira, Lumira Desktop displays the following error:
Invalid Configuration Location
The configuration area at '\\<Example>\<Path>\<Here>\.sapvi\configuration' could not be created. Please choose a writable location using the '-configuration' command line option.
- SAP Lumira Desktop
- Microsoft Windows
Reproducing the Issue
- Start Lumira Desktop
By default, SAP Lumira Desktop saves user configuration information to "@user.home\.sapvi\configuration" folder where @user.home is a Java Runtime Environment system property.The @user.home property by default points to the Windows environment variable %USERPROFILE%, the Windows User Profile folder.
In Citrix - %USERPROFILE% is set to the Users desktop. In this case - Citrix was configured so that all users saw the same read only desktop. Therefore all users had %USERPROFILE% set to the same read-only location and Lumira could not create the .sapvi\configuration folder, hence the error.
Two possible resolutions:
- Configure SAP Lumira Desktop to point @user.home to a folder where the user has write permission, as follows:
- Open the SAPLumira.ini file in a text editor. The default location of this file is: C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop\SAPLumira.ini
- Add the entry:
where <folder.location> points to a folder where the user has write permission above all other "-D" options found in the file.
- Repoint the Java variable @user.home to point to a new location with the following steps:
- Create a new Windows environment variable:
- Set the value of this environment variable to:
- The .sapvi\configuration will now be created in each users appdata directory:
KBA , BI-LUM-DIS , Lumira Desktop/Discovery , Problem