- Clarification on using the Manage Background Photo Library feature.
- People Profile
Reproducing the Issue
- Employees can choose a background photo from the background photo library via People Profile > Edit Background Image > Choose from Image Gallery
2. As an administrator, you can manage the background photo library by clicking the "Manage background image library" link in the Configure People Profile tool. By doing so, you open this dialog:
In the Manage Background Photo Library dialog, you can perform the following actions:
- Choose whether to randomly assign a different default background to each profile, or to assign the same default image to all profiles. To do this, select the appropriate option.
- By default, the system suggests using Randomly assigned photos as the recommended option
- This does not improve performance, it is just the suggested option depending on the implementation choices and business requirements
- Specify the default image to assign to all profiles. To do this, focus on the image (with cursor or keyboard controls) to reveal a Make Default link, then click the link. The current default image is indicated by an orange frame.
- Add new images to the photo library, so that users can select them for use on their profile. To do this, click the Upload an Image button and follow on-screen instructions.
- Disable images in the photo library, so that users cannot select them for use on their profile. To do this, focus on the image (with cursor or keyboard controls) to reveal a Disable link, then click the link. Disabled photos are greyed out but still visible in the Manage Background Photo Library tool.
NOTE: Disabling a background photo in the library only prevents users from selecting it in the future. It does NOT remove that background photo from existing profiles. You cannot remove a background photo from a profile once it has been selected as this can only be done by the end-user,
KBA , LOD-SF-EP , Employee Profile , How To