- Some workflows using SAP Analytics Cloud will require you to set up a reverse proxy. Apache is one of the most popular web servers and it is also supported as reverse proxy in SAP Analytics Cloud.
- You want to connect to your HANA on-premise and you can use a reverse proxy. You want to use a SAML Identity Provider and the recommended proxy is Apache.
- You want to connect to your BI Universe via BOE Live Data Connect, and you can use a reverse proxy.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Apache server 2.4.23 or higher
Apache consulting and support
The Apache Software Foundation distributes Apache web server free of charge. When you install and use Apache web server you agree to follow the terms and conditions provided by Apache.
More details on the Apache licenses page: http://apache.org/licenses/
You can obtain support directly from Apache through different channels: https://httpd.apache.org/support.html
SAP Product Support will only provide best effort support to help you troubleshoot your configuration using Apache reverse proxy to connect to SAP Analytics Cloud.
Installation guide for Windows
As mentioned in Apache HTTP website, The Apache HTTP Server Project itself does not provide binary releases of software, only source code. For Windows, they offer a list of popular options to deploy the server.
Installation guide for Linux
Different Linux distributions have different Apache HTTP server versions and installers. Please refer to your distribution documentation to follow the steps required to install and configure Apache HTTP server, OpenSSL and required modules.
Please, consult with your vendor to install Apache and configure it to support HTTPS.
Live Data Connection to SAP HANA via Apache HTTP
After you have correctly installed and tested Apache reverse proxy, the specific configuration that you need to follow in order to connect to HANA on-premise, your SAML Identity Provider, etc. can be found in the product's documentation guide.
Live Data Connection to BI Universe via Apache HTTP
You can set up reverse proxy to deploy SAP BOE Live Data Connect component behind a reverse proxy. Document can be found here.
- Help resources
- Help portal
- SAP Community ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP community wiki
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating facility at the top right-hand corner of this article.
apache, reverse proxy, mod-proxy, proxy, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, SBOC, SAC, LUC , KBA , mod-ssl , reverse proxy , apache , reverse , mod-proxy , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , How To