You have observed that the Outbound File created is empty.
Logs shows that File Format e.g. APAY Z_HSBC is not consistent.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to File Management view.
- Go to Outbound Files subview.
- Show All Files and Find Outgoing File ID XYZ.
- Choose the File and Go to Attachment.
- Choose Display Log.
Error message shows as File is not consistent.
One possible cause for this issue is that you have given Field Length for the field ADVICE-TEXT as 2 and ideally it should be 999.
It is also recommended that you maintain:
- Field Length for Field Intermediary Bank Name should be 35.
- Character Set Assignment as UTF-8.
Field Length for field ADVICE-TEXT can be changed by following steps:
- Go to Business Configuration Work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects.
- Select the Project and Choose Open Activity List.
- Show All Activities and Find Activity Outgoing Bank Transfers.
- Choose view.
- Go to Edit Payment File Structures.
- Go to File Structure ID Z_HSBC and Choose Edit.
- Go to Define Fields.
- Select the Field ADVICE-TEXT.
- Go to Tab Field Content Definition and go to Data Positioning and change the Field Length to 999.
You can also check the Character Set Assignment by following steps:
- Follow Steps 1 to 5.
Go to Edit Assignment of Payment File structures to the Payment Medium Formats.
You can check the Character Set assigned to File Structure ID and it should be UTF-8 for File Format APAY Z_HSBC.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To