- System does not accept Employee's credentials when utilizing password reset function
- SuccessFactors Platform(Email Notifications)
Reproducing the Issue
- This comes in the form of a system generated email notification sent to the user in question.
Check to see if there are conflicting email addresses as this is predominantly the cause.
- This can be down to having an active and inactive employee with the same email address.
- Occasionally users are mistakenly granted the same email address because the have matching surnames, with the first syllable of their forename also similar.
- John Smith (email@example.com)
- Jenny Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The problem lies in the fact that, the system can not identify the username and therefore it is unable to verify the requester's access credentials.
- Perform an employee export
- Identify the problem and check for duplicate email addresses.
- Advise the customer of the changes needed to be made.
- Password reset
- Verify the requester's access credentials