If a dimension has the "Enable Data Access Control" option set under the dimension preferences or model data access menu, users are still able to see restricted dimensions members (read access) and enter data even though they do not have write access.
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2016.24
- Data access control (DAC) specified in the model is only applied to fact data.
- Master data (members in the member selection dialogs) are not part of the data access control.
- Data appears as unbooked and you can see restricted dimension members by clicking the "Unbooked data" option in the Story builder or setting the "Unbooked On" in a story, panel or input control filters.
- Users who create private versions or try to update public versions are able to write data to any member (data is not actually saved until you click the "Save" button in the version management dialogue)
- Data access control is applied when a user tries to save or publish a private version to a public version or when they try to publish a public version and then choose the "Save as" new version option.
- In this case only the data for which the user has write privileges will be published.
- The following message will appear:
Due to limited access rights, some of the data can't be saved. Do you want to save everything except those data?
- Model and Version Security
- 2373779 - Changing read and write permissions for dimension members are not being applied on Story level in SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Help portal
- SAP Community network portal ( Questions & Answers / Direct Link to Create Question / Blogs )
- SAP Community WIKI
- Ideaplace forum ( for enhancement requests & new features )
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Training videos by topic areas: ( Overview, What's New, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Predictive, Collaboration, Administration )
- Training Events
- Past Event Recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, conectando, conexão, modelo, configured security, entity dimension, data access control, read and write access, all entities, basic security settings, no teams configured, controls, The version could not be published because you are lacking write access for some dimension members. , KBA , writing data with read write not functio , data input , the input ignores the members other than , unexpected interaction of restrictions , not functional (planning) , functioning , the one where the user is read & write. , the full data gets to the datapoint , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem