Unable to create a credit memo from the customer invoice, due to the following error: Manual Invoice Processing for Reference Document not Permitted.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Documents view.
- Select customer invoice DEF (DEF represents the ID of the customer invoice).
- Click on the Follow-Up button and select the Manual Credit Memo option.
The following error occurs: Manual Invoice Processing for Reference Document not Permitted
Customer invoice EFG was created via the Follow-Up function from customer invoice ABC. Creating a Follow-Up credit memo from an invoice which was created as a follow-up document is not supported. This is the reason for the error message "Manual Invoice Processing for Reference Document not Permitted".
You can check if an invoice was created as a follow-up document as follows:
- Open customer invoice DEF.
- Navigate to the the Document Flow tab.
You can see that for the respective invoice request e.g. an Outbound Delivery Invoice Request the customer invoice XYZ was created. Then, a Manual Invoice Request was created as a follow-up is created which was invoiced with customer invoice DEF.
This is the expected system behaviour.
"Manual Invoice", "Credit Memo" , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To