- When export a report to CSV, special characters are not being recognized.
- Adhoc Report exported as CSV file with Excel Special characters not displaying correctly.
- Adhoc report not showing language translations correctly
- SAP SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics
- SAP SuccessFactors Adhoc Reporting
- ORD - Online Report Designer
Reproducing the Issue
- Run an Ad Hoc report that contain special characters (~, Ç, ´, ^) and export to CSV.
- Open the exported file with Microsoft Excel.
- This is a limitation of the Excel tool when opening CSV file. If the information is appearing correctly on the instance (running online) it is not an issue with the translation.
- The file is in Unicode (UTF-8) and the Microsoft is trying to open the file as ANSI.
There are some possible solutions as per below:
- Open Microsoft Excel with a blank spreadsheet
- Select the tab DATA
- Import from text
- In the import wizard on the field "File Origin" select "65001 : Unicode (UTF-8)"
- It is required to Export the file as Excel XLS or XLSX or use the version online.
- It is also possible to open the CSV file with Notepad ++.
Special characters - CSV - Export - ad hoc report - incorrect information on csv - Incorrect export to csv , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , LOD-SF-ANA-ODS , Advanced Reporting , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , How To