You want to perform a electronic submission of the 1099 Misc Copy A to the IRS, however you cannot find it on the system.
System currently support the Tax Return Type 1099-MISC FormB which produces the form "Copy B" separately for each supplier. It also supports the Tax Return Type 1099-MISC File which produces a text file formatted for sending data to IRS.
In order to be able to use the Tax Return Type 1099-MISC File you need to perform following configuration:
1. Go to Tax Management Work Center.
2. Go to Tax Authorities > Tax Authorities.
3. Search for the corresponding Tax Authority.
4. Click on button Edit and then select Company Tax Arrangements.
5. Go to Tax Return Arrangements Tab.
6. Add a row for the Tax Return Type "2 - Miscellaneous Income (1099 Misc) - File".
Once this is configured, you should be able to select it during the Tax Return Run creation.
Note: The Tax Return Type 1099-MISC File is available only for Electronic Submission, the system does not support the Print Form.
You can refer to help document "Withholding Tax Returns Quick Guide — US" available on your Help Center for more details.
KBA , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To