- When trying to create a Lumira report off of a universe using the universe query panel, the error "Could not create extension data source engine when acquiring data" or "Could not create Extension Data Source Engine" appears.
- SAP Lumira Desktop 1.31.x
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence (BI) Platform 4.2 SP3
Reproducing the Issue
- Click on File > New > Universe Query Panel
- Enter the BI Platform credentials
- Select a universe
- This issue can occur if the database being used by the universe has not been configured on the system where the connection server is located.
- Lumira Desktop has been upgraded multiple times resulting in conflicting files from previous versions of the application
- Ensure that all systems that have a connection server on them have the necessary database drivers installed and configured, as well as any ODBC connections (both 32 bit and 64 bit DSN's)
- Uninstall Lumira Desktop completely including all updates then install the latest version of Lumira desktop as a brand new application.
data acquisition universe unx source engine , KBA , BI-LUM-DER , Lumira Designer , Problem
SAP Lumira, desktop edition 1.0