How to configure our company's password policy, including retrieval and structure, and for any user?
Please navigate to 'Admin Tools' > 'Company Settings' > 'Password & Login Policy Settings'.
After selecting 'Password & Login Policy Settings', please note that you have the following options for configuring your system's password policy upon scrolling down.
- Below is the explanation of few of the fields in the screenshot above:
Minimum Password Age (in days) control when password could be changed again based on the first password changed ,and prevent user to change password too frequently if not -1.
- if Minimum Password Age = -1: it means there is no minimum time frame to change the password, i.e. the password can be changed as many times as you need even the same day.
- if Minimum Password Age = 1: it means that the minimum time frame to change the password is on daily basis, i.e. if you changed the password today it can be changed again tomorrow.
Maximum Password Age (in days) control when password should be changed again based on the first password changed, otherwise the password will be inactive.
- When you change "Maximum Password Age (in days)" from -1 to a value >0 (means disabled) or you change it back to -1 (re-enable), both scenario will trigger the set user password pop-up upon next login. Extending the value for this setting (ex. 10 to 50) will not force the users to change the password.
if Maximum Password Age = 30 and you have change password today, and you should to change password after 30 days.
'Mixed Case required' - If left unchecked, 'password1' will work as a substitute for 'PASSword1'. Case sensitivity, between capital and uncapitalized characters will not be enforced.
'Non-alpha characters required' - If left unchecked, characters like '$' or '!' would not be needed in an end-users password configuration.
'Enable Forgot Password feature' - If checked, end users can retrieve their own passwords, assuming you select one of the three options.
'Allow users to retrieve password through email' - Note: Only use email retrieval when the email address is unique for each user.
'Reset passwords using security questions accessed through e-mail / the system' - By using security questions, users can pass through an added level of verification.
Note: Enabling this option will force users to reset their passwords and will require users to enter security questions, if not previously set up. Prior to choosing this option, we recommend that you communicate this change to your end users.
- Please note that if your company employs an internal Single Sign On solution that you should submit a case to Customer Success for more information. Some options may not be compatible with certain types of Single Sign-On. Learn more.
configure password policy, password & login policy , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT , Foundational Capabilities & Tools , LOD-SF-PLT-PWD , Password Policy/ Reset Password , How To