You want to use Migration Mode: Modify Already Existing Records to modify Contact information, but you receive error messages during Simulation step:
"Maintain complete data for all contact phone numbers to avoid deletion"
"Update not possible; existing data for CONTACT_PERSON not fully specified"
"Missing key specification for processing node BUSINESS_PARTNER_RELATIONSHIP ROOT"
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration Work Center;
- Click Overview;
- Search for Migration of Customers;
- Open activity;
- Click Migrate customers using migration tool option;
- Click Upload and Data From Migration Template or use an already uploaded template;
- If necessary click Properties and change Migration Mode to Modify Already Existing Records;
- Click Execute Migration and Step by Step;
- Get Error in third step Simulate.
Currently it is not possible to update Contact information using the Migration tool in Migration Mode: Modify Already Existing Records, because an update such as this requires the Contact internal ID field (UUID), which the template does not contain.
In order to modify Contact information please use Mass Data Maintenance work center, as it extracts all existing information from Contacts and allows you to change information from most fields.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To