Electronic Signature (eSig) PIN fails and user receives a notification of failure via Email
This KBA covers the following information:
- What triggers this notification?
- What template is used to control this message?
- Is there a way to disable the notification?
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
User receives a notification similar to:
- This is an automated message from SuccessFactors Learning.
- Please do not respond.
- An electronic signature validation failed during an attempt to record a Learning Event. The failure details follow:
- Login user ID: User12345
- Login user Full name: User, Test
- Date: 20/Jan/2017 09:30 AM America/New York
This is the expected behavior if eSignature options are enabled
What triggers this notification?
- This notification is triggered when a PIN is required to Record a Learning Event and the PIN entered fails
What template is used to control this message?
- The ESigPinFailedNotification Template contains the message that is sent
- You can use the ESigPinFailedNotification template to customize the message that an administrator receives when a user cannot record a learning event because his or her PIN fails
- This can be modified as needed:
- Login as Learning Admin
- Navigate to System Admin > Configuration > Notification Templates
- Search for Template ID = ESigPinFailedNotification
- Modify the Body and Subject of the notification as needed
- More Information on modifying Notification Templates: KBA 2330530
Is there a way to disable the notification?
- There is not a way to suppress the notification if Electronic Signatures are enabled
- Electronic Signature Settings are found in System Admin > Configuration > Global Variables
- If a change in behavior is needed, please submit an Learning Enhancement Request
SF SuccessFactors Success Factors Learning Management System LMS esig electronic sig signature PIN e-sig e-signature fail notification ESigPinFailedNotification disable enable suppress stop turn shut off , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-NOT , Notifications , Problem