- Workflow doesn't work in Spot Award
- Spot Award doesn't go to next step for approval
Successfactors BIZ: Compensation & Spot Awards
Reproducing the Issue
1. Proxy as the manager or the user who has Spot Award permission
2. Under Compensation go to 'Rewards & Recoginition'
3. Select one of your direct reports and assign Award-> it goes directly to Approved state, as below:
4. Workflow is configured as below, it shows that Spot Award should go to Manager's manager (Apurva manager )for approval
There could be many reasons for this issue but two of the most common reasons are workflow not mapped to correct Spot Award object and/or "Admin access to Odata API" permission is enabled for the Nominator.
1. Go to Admin Center
2. Under 'Company Settings' click on 'Configure Object Definition'
3. Select 'Object Definition' in 1st drop down and then select "Spot Award" object
4. Map the required workflow to 'Spot Award' object & NOT to Spot Award Program object, as below:
5. After mapping the workflow, the Spot Award will follow all steps mentioned in the mapped workflow.
6. Check the permission of the Nominator if he has the "Admin access to OData API" enabled. What you can do is to create a separate role for spot award nominator and not give this permission.
* We use odata API to save the spot awards, if this permission is turned on then the odata api will think that the admin is triggering it, and in case of admin the workflow won't be triggered. This permission is a sort of super admin permission which should not be given to a normal user. If the nominator is a system admin as well and has all the permissions then he would not need approvals, that is the assumption. By the way, this is not specific to spot awrads alone, this applis to all the mdf entities and in fact, even the target population is not applied if this permission is enabled.*
- workflow in Spot Award
- Spot Awards