When you calculate the mileage of an expense report, you notice that the roundtrip is not the same a two times a single trip.
SAP Cloud for Travel and Expense
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Auditing Workcenter.
- Select the Expense Reports Subview.
- Click on Create Expense Report.
- Fill in the required details (, such as Employee ID, Purpose and so on).
- Click on Save and Open.
- Click on Claim mileage.
- In From input the starting postcode of the trip and in To input the destination postcode. Total Distance is XYZ (XYZ represents distance).
- Tick Roundtrip and Total Distance is ABC and not equal to twice a single trip. (ABC represents a different distance )
The system takes various elements in consideration when calculating a roundtrip such as quicker ways or one way streets. Therefore, it can happen that the total mileage of a roundtrip differs from twice the single trip.
The calculation is correct. This is an expected system behaviour. Two single trips do not necessarily equal a roundtrip.
KBA , mileage round trip two single trips , SRD-FIN-AU , Auditor Workcenter , How To