When you calculate the mileage of an expense report, you notice that the roundtrip is not equal twice the single trip.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Auditing Workcenter.
- Select Expense Reports Subview.
- Click on Create Expense Report.
- Fill in the required details (Such as Employee ID, Purpose and so on).
- Click on Save and Open.
- Click on Claim mileage.
- In From input the starting postcode of the trip and in To input the destination postcode. Total Distance is XYZ.
- Tick Roundtrip and Total Distance is ABC and not equal to twice a single trip.
The system takes various elements in consideration when calculating a roundtrip such as quicker ways or one way streets. Therefore, it can happen that the total mileage of a roundtrip differs from twice the single trip.
The calculation is correct. This is an expected system behaviour. Two single trips does not necessarily equal the roundtrip.
KBA , SRD-FIN-AU , Auditor Workcenter , How To