When you migrate Account Hierarchies, system throws below error message
Service call failed; report an incident
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview.
- Search and Open the migration activity Migration of Account Hierarchies
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File
The possible cause for the issue could be that some of the Accounts used in the file are already existing as top level Account in the system. Hence these accounts can not be migrated as top level Account again.
Once you remove such Accounts then the issue will disappear.
Importnat points to note:
- Migration of Account Hierarchy supports only creation and enhancement, which means that you can create a hierarchy and add child nodes to existing accounts. You shall use the Add new records mode for both of these processes. Modification of Hierarchy via migration is not supported which means that changing the parent account for a given Account is not possible via Migration of Account Hierarchy.
- For each hierarchy, use a different Hierarchy ID as this is a differentiator for every individual hierarchy. Since these Hierarchy IDs are not stored in the system, they can be repeated in a different file, but not in the same one.
- Only one top level account permitted per Hierarchy
- One account can be part of only one Hierarchy
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To