When you try to copy a position, the system did not generate a unique position code.
- SAP Successfactors HCM Suite
- Employee Central
- Position management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Position Org Chart.
- Select a Position to copy.
- Click the position title and menu options.
- Choose Copy Position
5. Enter the number of positions to copy and click OK.
6. Pop-up message shows the position code generated as below:
Auto-generation of external code was set to "No".
- Navigate to Admin Tools > Position Management Settings
- Set the field "Is the Position External Code Auto Generated?" to "Yes".
The External Code for the new positions will be determined based on the Flag "Is the Position External Code Auto Generated?" in the Position Management Settings:
- If YES, the external code will be generated via rule which has to be added to the Object Position as ValidateRule or SaveRule.
- If NO, the external code will be generated based on the name of copited position and added UUID.
Position copy, external code , KBA , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , Problem