Whenever the user ABC is editing a sales order which was created by user XYZ, the sales order automatically changes the name of the Employee Responsible from the user XYZ to the user ABC.
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to the system with user ABC (ABC represents the user ID).
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Select the Sales Orders view.
- Select the respective sales order with the status of In Preparation for which the Employee Responsible is user XYZ (XYZ represents the user ID).
- Click the Edit button.
- In the General tab change any data of the Account party e.g. the Address Details.
The Employee Responsible will automatically change to user ABC before saving the sales order.
The change of the Employee Responisble is due to the settings for the party role determinations in a sales order in your Business Configuration.
In the fine tuning activity Involved Parties for Sales Orders you activated the following determination steps for the party role Employee Responsible:
Step 10 - Direct responsible of Account
Step 20 - Responsibility "Employee Responsible for Sales"
Step 30 - Logged on User
Because the step 10 and 20 both depend on the account's details for the determination of the Employee Responsible party role, whenever any account details are changed in a sales order a redetermination will take place. You have not maintained a direct responsible in the account master data and there is also now work distribution rule maineined for Employee Responsible for Sales.
Therefore, since step 10 and step 20 do not apply, eventually step 30 would lead to re-determination based on current logged on user.
You have two options to solve this issue:
Option A: Maintain a rule for the Employee Responsible.
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Select the Employee Work Distribution subview under the Work Distribution view.
- Select the Employee Responsible for Sales work category.
- click on the Edit button.
You can now add a rule according to your requirements.
Option B: Deselect step 10 and 20 in the fine tuning activity Involved Parties for Sales Orders you activated the following determination steps for the party role Employee Responsible:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your respective implementation project and click on the Open Activity List button.
- Navigate to the Fine-Tune step.
- Open the fine tuning activity Involved Parties for Sales Orders.
- Select the Employee Responsible party role and click on the Maintain Determinations button.
- Deactivate step step 10 - Direct responsible of Account and step 20 - Responsibility "Employee Responsible for Sales".
Save your changes.
You can find more information on the Party Role Determination in a Sales Document in the following blog in the SAP Business ByDesign Community forum:
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To