Error Message: Payment direction differs from balance of open items; amount set to zero while trying to clear down payment with a payment.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables Workcenter
- Choose Supplier Accounts subview
- Select All Suppliers
- Choose Supplier Account Monitor: XYZ and click View
- Now select tab Trade Payable and sub-tab Invoices/Payments
- Click on the Pay Manually option by and choosing Outgoing Check
- Later click on the Post button and the error message Payment direction differs from balance of open items; amount set to zero is displayed
You cannot clear a down payment with a payment under the open items.
Once you create a down payment request, then you can clear this request with payment. It will create a new down payment in status open which should further be cleared with an invoice.
KBA , AP-PAY , Payment Processing , How To