User wants to create a Rule to allow to separate the full name in New Hire wizard by space.
- Employee Central
- Go to Admin Center
- Select Configure Business Rules
- Create New Rule
- Select the Base Object as Personal Information
- Configure the rule as below
IF = Always
THEN SET "Personal Information.Display Name" to be equal to "Format()"
Template: "Text" %s %s
Argument: Personal Information.First Name
Argument: Personal Information.Last Name
6. Finally you need to set the Rule via Manage Business Configuration under the "personalInfo" element - you can assign it as:
- An "onChange" rule to the "first-name" and the "last-name" fields (or respectively any of the fields you are using in the rule to set the "display-name" value).
- An "onSave" rule to the "personalInfo" element
NOTE: You could include other fields such as "middle-name" field or even custom-string fields - but if you want to trigger the rule "onChange" then you will need to add the rule as onChange to each field that contributes to the "display-name" field defined in the rule.
Employee Central, Display Name, New Employee, PersonalInfo, Full name, Format(), Concatenate , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , Business Rules & Event Derivation , How To