You have either maintained relationships in the General Business Partners fine-tuning activity or have selected Opportunities Party Redetermination in your scope. However, when you change a party in an object (for instance, an account) linked to another object (for instance, an opportunity), the involved party in this last object is not updated.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- You have maintained relationships in the General Business Partners fine-tuning activity and created custom relationships in your involved parties determination.
- You have selected Opportunities Party Redetermination in your scope.
The following steps are just an example. The same behaviour can happen in other objects.
- Go to the Customers work centre.
- Open an account linked to an opportunity.
- Go to the Account Team facet.
- Delete employee ABC maintained in this account (ABC represents the name of the employee).
- Save the account.
- Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Opportunities view.
- Open the Opportunity which is linked to the account to modified earlier.
- Go to the Sales Team facet.
Result: You can see employee ABC is still maintained there.
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select your project and click on the Activity list.
- Search and open Opportunity activity.
- Click on Involved parties.
- Search for the role and check the Realignment column.
Result: You can see that the option Exclude is not selected for the role that employee ABC has.
You expect that the Involved Parties Determination should have updated the involved parties you deleted in the opportunity.
User ABC was added manually to the Opportunity and therefore Party Determination does not affect this object.
You can find out whether an employee has been added manually to an object by checking the column Party Determination in the Involved parties facet inside the Opportunity. Provided by an Unspecified External Source means that this party was added manually and the Involved Parties Determination rules do not apply to this user.
The system does not overwrite any involved party which was added manually to any object (Leads, Sales Quotes, Opportunities...). As a general rule, manually added entries win over determinations.
That is the expected system behaviour.
involved parties, party determination, relationships, General Business Partners, opportunity, lead, sales quote, Provided by an Unspecified External Source, , KBA , SRD-CC-FED , Feeds , How To