You are running the Cash Position by Transaction Source Report and noticed that the Opening/Closing Cash Balance transaction amount is showing in USD currency for particular Bank Account ZZZ although its bank statement posted in currency EUR.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to Reports List view and find the report Cash Position by Transaction Source.
- Fill the Company ABC, Display Currency Default Company Currency and Go.
You notice that for Bank Account ZZZ the transaction Amount of Opening/Closing Cash Balance is showing in USD currency.
You have filled the data selection, Display Currency as Default Company Currency and the current behavior is that by default it picks the currency as USD only when the Logon User A chooses Company ABC in the data selection, and this user is actually assigned under Company DEF.
This is solely depend on the logon user who is trying to view this report by choosing Display Currency as Default Company Currency , if the Logon user company and the company in the data selection is not same then system defaults it to USD currency and try to convert the values to USD only and show under Transaction Amount.
- In case there is a currency conversion between EUR to USD is not maintained then system cannot convert to Default Display Currency which is USD and resulting which Transaction Amount continue to show in EUR only despite the Logon user belong to different company and this use case may still continue to show the same transaction currency EUR amount in this report taken from the bank statement and the currency EUR in which it is posted.
- In case there is a currency conversion between EUR to USD is maintained then the system converts it to Default Display Currency which is USD and resulting which Transaction Amount will show the amount in USD only because the Logon User does not belong to the same company for which the data selection belongs to.
KBA , AP-BP-BPT , Business Partner Template , How To