- According to Q4 2016 (b1611) LMS Release notes, single-sign-on (SSO) into LMS will require SuccessFactors HCM platform.
- Currently for the external users, we are using native login because these users are not company employees, so they only access to LMS.
- Will it be possible to continue to use native login to access the LMS with SSO, or it will be required in a long-term that all users, externals included, access through BizX?
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite
- Learning Management System (LMS) version b1611 and above
Please see the below statement from our product managers:
A couple of months ago, we announced that we would end support for “stand alone” Learning environments (i.e., those where Learning is not being used in conjunction with the Successfactors platform) after the 2017 Q3 release (1708).
We are extending this deadline by one year in order to give customers more time to make the transition.
This means that all Successfactors Learning customers will have until the 2018 Q3 release (1808) to be running the LMS in an integrated environment with the Successfactors platform enabled.
Also, be aware that, as of 2018 Q3 release, the Successfactors Platform will be required for single sign-on (SSO).
After this date we will not be able to support SSO directly with the LMS.
However, we will still allow native login into the LMS for customers who have certain user populations that login directly to the LMS today using an LMS username and password.
By moving to an integrated environment, you are able to take advantage of many features such as Theming, Action Search, Mobile, etc. that are not available in a stand-alone Learning environment.
Also, please note that some new functionality and certain issue resolutions in the future may have dependencies on the Successfactors platform; therefore, you must be integrated in order to take advantage of these improvements.
We encourage you to work with your Customer Engagement Executive to start planning now for making this transition so that you can reap the benefits of being in an integrated environment.
SAP, SuccessFactors, learning, LMS, native login, external users, extended enterprise, learning access, integrated learning, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-INT , LMS Integrations , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , How To