Any time recordings submitted by a person is restricted to self-approve and so is sent for approval of project manager, however when Project Manager himself is doing tine recordings it does not go for approval.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to business configuration work center
- Go to Implementation projects view
- Click on Edit project scope
- Go to step Questions
- Navigate to Human Resources element and expand it
- Go to Time and labor management element and expand it
- Select Approvals element and go to questions appearing towards your right
- You will see the below question is already checked
Would you like to restrict users from self-approval of time recordings in the solution? *
The above scoping question holds good for all users except the Project manager of their project
There is a back-end business configuration option that will allow the project time recording to go to his line manager for approval, in the cases where the project manager does time recording against their own project.
Please raise an incident for the same to have the above back end scoping to be maintained.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To