A Supplier Invoice was created with a Product Category maintained for the Line Item and an already existing Individual Material in the Cost Distribution tab. However, Journal Entry posting went to a different G/L Account than the one maintained on activity Fixed Asset Classes for Product Category in the Business Configuration Work Center.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Supplier Invoicing Work Center.
- Go to Invoices and Credit Memos View.
- Search and open Supplier Invoice ABC.
- Go to Document Flow tab and click the Journal Entry.
- System posted the document to an unexpected G/L Account.
In this case, system does not take into account the Product Category of the Line Item. Since the Line Item has the Cost Distribution as an existing Individual Material, system will always take the Product Category of Individual Material.
This is the system expected behavior.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To