You are going to invoicing an invoice request and would like to change the Tax Code for some items. You find the Tax Code is not editable. However, in most cases, it is possible to change the Tax Code when invoicing.
You want to know the reason why the tax code is not editable when invoicing an invoice request.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select an invoice request and click Invoice button.
- In the New Invoice screen, go to the Items tab.
- Select one item line and go to Taxes sub tab, you find the Tax Code field is grayed out. However, you are able to change the tax code when invoicing some other invoice requests.
When there is a down payment that assigned to the invoice, it is not possible to change the tax information any more.
To check if there is a down payment assigned to the invoice, you can follow the steps below:
- In the new invoice screen, go to Pricing tab.
- In the Payment Details section, you can see the downpayment information if any.
This is the current system behavior as designed.
KBA , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , How To