When using a dependent formula, changing a filter on data in a table results in REF_ERROR
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a table on a story canvas and add a formula (EX: =A1+B1 in cell C1)
- Create a separate formula in a different the table using the previous formula cell as a value in the formula (EX: =C1/D1)
- Save and reopen the story.
- Change the filter on the data in the table (EX: Change date range filter in calculation of A1 data)
- Notice the table view on the cell with a formula reverts back to the text value box, and the calculation results in a REF_ERROR
- Examine the formula to see it has changed to =REF_ERR+REF_ERR
Applying filters in tables changes the references of the cells and the formula can't be calculated.
There is an enhancement request in SAP Idea Place, you can vote and follow this idea: https://ideas.sap.com/D42701
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Help portal
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Community Network portal
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud & SAP Digital Boardroom Ideaplace forum (for raising enhancement requests)
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud new user handbook
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud connecting to on-premise data
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating facility at the top right-hand corner of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud , KBA , 2 values in different cells , grids grid dtc , references error into tables , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem