SAP BusinessObjects Cloud touch screen issue with Google Chrome browser 55.0.2883.87
If you are affected by this issue, you may experience the inability to manipulate some controls like buttons and sliders with your mouse, though you can still do so by using your finger directly on your screen.
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud 2016.25.0 and earlier
- Google Chrome browser 55.0.2883.87
Reproducing the Issue
- Start successfully using SAP BusinessObjects Cloud with your touch screen enabled computer running Microsoft Windows
- Update your Google Chrome browser to 55.0.2883.87
- Notice the inability to manipulate some controls like buttons and sliders with your mouse, though you can still do so by using your finger directly on your screen.
Google Chrome browser 55.0.2883.87 touch events changes cause issues with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- Type "chrome://flags" (without the quotation marks) in your Chrome browser’s address bar and hit enter.
- Press Ctrl-F on your keyboard to initiate Chrome’s browser search function, and type in “enable touch events”.
- On the page you should be able to see the entry “Enable touch events” highlighted (scroll down if you don't see it right away). Choose the “Disabled” option.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the “RELAUNCH NOW” button.
Mouse click actions should now work in BOC. Your screen’s touch capability will be temporarily disabled until you repeat the process above and choose either “Automatic” or “Enabled”.
SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Development is working on a Solution for this issue.
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Help portal
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Community Network portal
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud & SAP Digital Boardroom Ideaplace forum (for raising enhancement requests)
- Watch these videos to help start your journey with SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud new user handbook
- SAP BusinessObjects Cloud connecting to on-premise data
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating facility at the top right-hand corner of this article.
EPM, SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Hana Cloud for Planning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, click, fail, button, slide, chrome, 55.0.2883.87, google, update, new , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud , LOD-ANA-BI , SAP Analytics Cloud - Business Intelligence (BOC) , LOD-ANA-PL , SAP Analytics Cloud – Planning (BOC) , LOD-ANA-BR , SAP Analytics Cloud - Digital Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAP Analytics Cloud – Predictive (BOC) , Problem