You have a B2B e-mail channel configured with a Default Account, and Individual Customers are being created from inbound e-mails.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Individual Customers view.
- See that an Individual Customer has been created from an inbound e-mail to a B2B channel.
With a B2B channel, one Individual Customer of type Prospect is created for the address that is used as the channel address. The Individual Customer is created when the first email for that channel comes into the system. In case there are no incoming emails for that channel, the record should not appear.
This is the system expected behaviour.
If you do not wish to have these records shown in the Individual Customers view, a filter can be put on the Type column.
If you do not wish to support e-mail channels and create Accounts for Individual Customers (B2B and B2C), follow the steps below in Business Configuration:
- Edit the Project Scope of the current project.
- Go to Step 4: Questions.
- Expand Service.
- Expand Customer Care.
- Click in Service Request Management.
- Scroll down to E-Mail Integration with Service Request Management with Individual Customers.
- Untick the bock for question "Do you want to support e-mail channels for individual customers?".
Admin Guide information:
KBA , email , inbound , individual customer , prospect , b2b channel , LOD-CRM-EMP , Employee , How To