You have created a Depreciation Run, however on the Messages tab you see the error: Internal Error
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to Periodic Tasks > Depreciation.
- Click on New button and then choose Fixed Asset Depreciation Run.
- Complete the Run for correspondent Period/Year and execute it.
- Go back to Periodic Tasks > Depreciation.
- Search and open the newly created Depreciation Run XYZ.
- Go to Erroneous Fixed Assets tab.
- You will see some assets with the error: Internal Error
Error is happens because a Balance Carryforward has been executed for Step 1
In order to resolve the issue you need to reverse the Balance Carryforward Run created for the respective Period/Year, as per following steps:
- Go to General Ledger Work Center.
- Go to Periodic Tasks > Balance Carryforward.
- Select the respective Balance Carryforward Run with Step 1 executed for the company.
- Click Reverse button.
Once the Balance Carryforward is reversed, you are able to execute the Depreciation Run.
KBA , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To