You have executed a GR/IR Run which finished with the error message Account determination missing for item type Exchange Rate Differences from Purchasing in the application log for one or more Set of Books.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Inventory Valuation work center
- Go to Periodic Tasks > GR/IR Clearing
- Select the respective Run ID and open its Log Result
- Go to Messages tab
Notice the error message: Account determination missing for item type Exchange Rate Differences from Purchasing
While checking the purchasing document that was Processed with Errors for the concerned GR/IR Run, you noticed that the concerned purchase order is for a service rather than a product.
For the respective Account Determination Group of this service you did not maintain Exchange Rate Differences accounts (for Gain and Loss) in the fine tuning activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination > Costs subledger.
Therefore, system is not able to determine the accounts.
You should maintain the respective account determination, as follows:
- Go to Business Configuration work center
- Go to Overview view
- Open fine tuning activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination
- Under Account Determination section, click Costs
- Select Exchange Rate Differences tab
- Enter a row for the respective Account Determination Group for Services and maintain the accounts for Gain from Exchange Rate Differences and Loss from Exchange Rate Differences
- Save your changes
You should no longer face the error message when you execute a new GR/IR Run for the same data selection.
KBA , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , How To