We are no longer able to create date filters in Ad Hoc Reporting using the free text format.
It always forced to use a drop down selection, which makes it manual search through all date/timestamps found in the report for a suitable value.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new ad hoc report selecting any domain
- Enter all the required measures
- Go to Filter tab
- Select any date field stored with time stamp
- Notice that the you would not be able to enter it using Free text
- It only allow to select from the values which are already saved.
The reason behind this is very simple, Entering a date is fine but time stamp captures data in seconds and it is not feasible to enter it exact.
The Date Field with Time stamp are restricted to use as free text fields in filter tile as entering a date is fine but time stamp captures data in seconds and it is not feasible to enter it exact.
Free Text TimeStamp Datetype Filter issue , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , Problem