Error message from Take rules is not getting auto-refreshed on applying time off.
Successfactors - Employee Central Time Off
Reproducing the Issue
- A rule is created to raise a warning message if the attachment is not added.
- It is linked to the Take Rule section in the Time Type.
- In Time off page, on selecting the Time Type, the warning message appears as expected.
- But after adding the attachment, the warning message is still there (i.e the screen is not refreshing).
- This is an expected behavior in the Time off ESS UI and in v12 Manage Time off UI.
- There is only a simulation(or refresh) when a simulation relevant field (time type, start date, end date, start time, end time) is changed. This triggers the execution of the take rule.
- Therefore the warning message will not be updated as long as the simulation relevant fields are not changed.
- Remove the rule from Take Rule section of the Time Types
- Navigate to Admin Center -> Configure Object Definition -> Select 'Employee Time'
- Click on 'Details' beside the attachment field.
- There is a section named 'Condition'. In the fieldId enter 'timeType.externalCode'. Under the section conditionValues, add the external code of the time types for which you need the comment to be mandatory.
- Now while applying time off (In Administer Time or Time off),you will see this Attachment field will appear as mandatory only for those Time Types that are added in the 'ConditionValues'(here it's 'VACATION')
- The rule parameter "Take Rule Parameters" has a field "Processing mode" with values "Simulation Only" and "Standard".
- If you just make changes in the request form, that value is equal to Simulation Only.
- If you save / submit the absence, it is equal to Standard.
- For example, the customer could define a rule like this:
IF processingMode = Standard
AND the "existing conditions" RAISE ERROR
ELSE IF "the existing conditions" RAISE WARNING
- Please make sure you use the Absence Validation rule scenario, and not basic rule, as the code needs to be entered as "takeRuleParameters" exactly.
- This will be fixed when the Time Off ESS UI is enhanced to the new PP3 UI.
- The Product Management has confirmed that this is an enhancement.
- Currently the Enhancement has no fix date, and is currently in discussion for b1808 but not confirmed. You can track the release of this Enhancement by checking the release notes in each release for ECT-49793.
- Please reach out to your CSM if further tracking of ECT-49793 is required.
Take Rule Attachment Time Off Rule Manage Time Off Administer Time Take rule not refreshed Make attachment mandatory ECT-49793 Raise message Time off ESS UI V12 UI Refresh Error Warning , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , Problem