Error message from Take rules are not getting auto refreshed on applying time off
Successfactors - Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
1. A rule is created to raise a warning message if the attachment is not added.
2. It is linked to the Take Rule section in the Time Type.
3. In Time off page, on selecting the Time Type, the warning message appears as expected
4. But after adding the attachment, the warning message is still there (i.e the screen is not refreshing)
This is expected behavior.
There is only a simulation(or refresh) when a simulation relevant field (time type, start date, end date, start time, end time) is changed. This triggers the execution of the take rule.
Therefore the warning message will not be updated as long as the simulation relevant fields are not changed.
1. Remove the rule from Take Rule section of the Time Types
2. Navigate to admin center -> Configure Object Definition -> Select 'Employee Time'
3. Click on 'Details' beside the attachment field.
4. There is a section named 'Condition'. Enter the values as shown in the below screenshot.Under the section conditionValues, add the external code of the time types for which you need the comment to be mandatory.
5. Now while applying time off (In Administer Time or Time off),you will see this Attachment field will appear as mandatory only for those Time Types that are added in the 'ConditionValues'(here it's 'VACATION')
Another possible Solution:
The rule parameter "Take Rule Parameters" has a field "Processing mode" with values "Simulation Only" and "Standard".
If you just make changes in the request form, that value is equal to Simulation Only.
If you save / submit the absence, it is equal to Standard.
For example, the customer could define a rule like this:
IF processingMode = Standard
AND the "existing conditions" RAISE WARNING
ELSE IF "the existing conditions" RAISE ERROR
*Please make sure you use the Absence Validation rule scenario, and not basic rule, as the text needs to be entered as "takeRuleParameters" exactly.
Take Rule Attachment Time Off Rule Manage Time Off Administer Time Take rule not refreshed. Make attachment mandatory , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time-Off , Problem