You want to upload an XML Bank Statement (camt053 format - ISO20022)) for a German House Bank.
- While uploading the XML file you get the error message An exception was raised
- you can not save the Bank Statement
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management WorkCenter
- Navigate to File Management - Inbound Files
- Click New - Inbound File
- Choose File Type: Bank Statement; Company: XYZ; Bank ID: XXX; Import Format: 13 - SAP-XML-Bank Statement
- Click Add - File and select your XML file you want to upload
- Click Start File Upload
- Error message An Exception was raised is displayed
When uplpading camt053 (ISO20022) xml bank statements for German House Banks you should not use the Bank Statement Format 13 - SAP-XML bank Statement.
In this case you have to use the Bank Statement Format 17 - ISO20022 Bank Statement.
You have to assign the Bank Statement Format to the respective House Bank in the Business Configuration
- Go to Business Configuration WorkCenter
- Implementation Projects and Open Activity List
- Navigate to the Fine Tuning tab
- Show All Activities and find Automatically Generated Bank Statements
- Choose Assign import formats for bank statements
- Click Add Row and fill in all the data
- For Bank Statement Format select 17 - ISO20022 Bank Statement
After adding the Bank Statement Format 17 - ISO20022 Bank Statement
- select the newly added row
- Click Move Up
Now it is possible to upload XML Bank Statements for German house banks as the system is picking the new assigned Bank Statement Format.
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To