Date format is changed when importing Excel file into SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Change Regional Settings on a computer to be different from US, example Brazil. (The date formal for Brazil will be in "DD/MM/YYYY" format).
- Create an Excel workbook with date as one column. By default the date will be in "DD/MM/YYYY" format.
- Save the Excel file.
- Create a Model within SAC by importing the Excel (XLSX).
- The date will be displayed in "MM/DD/YYYY" format.
This is by design, as the date format within Excel is for display purposes and it takes the system default to display. The format is never saved when creating an Excel file.
Manually set the date format in the Excel file. Then save the Excel file with the custom date format.
When you import the file, the format will be saved with Excel and it will be displayed in the saved format in the data integration stage.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.