We are using Barcode39-25plus in a Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP 17 application and having an issue when printing the report, the barcode is not readable by a scanner.
- Crystal Reports for Visual Studio
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 using 4.6 framework
Reproducing the Issue
We ran a couple tests, and got these results:
1. With font code39 installed and font code39-25 - in the problem area we got 3 equally thick bars instead of 2 thick and 2 thin. This is occurring because of font substitution.
2. With both fonts installed and VS 2010 and 4.0 framework - the barcode can be read correctly about 80% of the time
3. With both fonts installed and VS 2015 and 4.6 framework - the barcode is unreadable and we get 2 thick bars and 1 semi-thick bar where the two thin bars were combined together.
This issue was escalated to our Developers with these results:
It is a WPF print issue and it seems WPF doesn’t support Barcode39-25plus.ttf well in new .net framework 4.6.
- I created a sample wpf app in vs2015, it simply prints a string in Barcode39-25plus.ttf. In old framework, the result’s good, and in new framework, the result’s bad, if I print it to pdf995 driver, the page is empty.
- In test app, there’re no CR related codes so we may say WPF doesn’t support such fonts well in new framework.
- This is a Framework or possibly a Font issue. Nothing we can do to resolve the issue other than to suggest using the CR Windows.Form Viewer
Only option at this time is to use 4.0 framework
Barcode39-25plus, cr for vs, 4.6 framework , KBA , BI-DEV-NET-SDK , .NET SDK / COM SDK , Problem