Symptom 1: After to fill some Value List template, when you are trying to upload this file, the system stay thinking for a long time and does not complete the action.
Symptom 2: A dump will show up after click on Save.
Symptom 3: After click in Save, the system display the message "Code value not valid; enter up to 30 alphanumeric characters as code value"
Hibrys Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
In this case, we are using as example an Extension Field, that we are trying to upload the Excel file with the data.
- Go to screen where the field is shown.
- Click in Adapt button, on top right of the screen.
- Click in Edit Master Layout.
- After finding your field, click in the option Change Properties and after in Field Definition.
- In the tab General Data you will see the values for this field.
- Go to Edit the field.
- In case the field already has values, click in Download to get the CSV file. Update the file with the necessary changes, and save it.
- Click in Upload and select the Excel file, and select OK.
- The file seems that is uploaded. So click in SAVE.
- You are not using the Chrome browser to upload the file.
- The file has more than 999 records (lines).
- For translation of values: In the section Screen Texts for language, you already have maintained the new language before upload the file.
- For the message "Code Value not valid....", some value in the column code of the CSV file has at least one space (character), and it is not allowed.
- Use the Chrome browser to try upload the file. This browser currently support all laguages.
- Your file must have at maximium 999 records (lines). Also if you have more than one language for the field, the limit of records (values) for the field is the same 999.
- The the recommended format of the CSV file that you will upload should be as the shared screen on attachments section of this document.
- For translation of values: You must first to do the upload of the CSV file and save it. After add the new language in this section Screen Texts for language.
- For the message "Code Value not valid....", search and remove the space in code column. And so upload the file again.
The coluns are CODE, LANGUAGE, IS_DISABLED, DESCRIPTION. And you must fill it was example below:
And in case you want update other language too, you can create a new row, changing the second parameter, as below:
So in your file you will have two rows with the same "CODE", different "LANGUAGE", same value for "IS_DISABLED", and same "DESCRIPTION".
Please refer the Excel CSV Example screenshot in attachments section of this document.
When you are using more than one language, you must maintain values for both languages. (e.g. If you will use english, spanish and portugues as language and the field in default language has 10 values, the complete list will have 30 values, 10 for each language.)
KBA , drop down list , list value , extension field , csv template , kut upload , code list , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To
|Example Format Excel Document.jpg|