- Language changes for users in Bizx are not affecting LMS automatically
- Bizx Platform
Reproducing the Issue
- User A changes their locale in Bizx (Options > Change language)
- Locale in LMS is not updated automatically.
- Bizx Configuration:
The Integration between LMS and Bizx uses an Application Interface to communicate. When the user language is changed, LMS triggers a call to this interface to ask Bizx what the language should be for the affected user.
The call itself is performed on behalf of the affected user so Bizx will return only the information that the user is allowed to see in Bizx. If the answer from Bizx doesn't contain the required information (due to a lack of permissions for the affected user) then LMS will not be able to update the language.
- LMS Configuration
- Miscommunication between servers at the datacenter level
- Bizx Configuration: there are two ways to ensure the integration can retrieve the locale information via RBP:
It can be done by granting permissions for users to view specific values in their own data, or if you wish it can be done by granting employee export permission
- To grant permissions for the user to see their own data:
Admin center > Manage permission roles > Edit permission role > Employee Data
- View Default locale
- View UserID
- View Username
- View First Name
- View Last Name
Example for default locale:
- To grant permissions to perform Employee Export:
Admin center > Manage permission roles > Edit permission role > Manage User
- Employee Export
- LMS Configuration:
- Make sure the baseURL in LMS (system admin > configuration > system configuration > Bizx) is correct
- Make sure the Bizx user ID matches the LMS user ID (note: Bizx user ID can be seen by performing an Employee Export)
- If the above has been checked and the locale is still not syncing:
Please open a support incident referencing this KBA as well as KBA 2156903 - LMS - How to verify the SEB (Service Event Bus).
This is an internal KBA that will help the support processor validate whether the server communication is happening correctly or not.
KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-LAN , Issues with Translations (Language Issues) , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Problem
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite all versions