- When the section "Available Scheduled Offerings" in the registration page or registering for a scheduled offering is expanded, the text on the description is "expanded" and goes outside the layout of the page.
SuccessFactors Learning Management System - Core
Reproducing the Issue
- On user side look for a Course that has a long text in the item description and has a word with 30 characters long (or more) in the Scheduled Offering Description (see screenshot below).
- Click on the course to see its details.
- Click on the "Available Scheduled Offerings" section to expand it.
- The text on the Course description will expand and go overlay (See screenshort below):
The grid spacing on the table that contains the details of the Scheduled Offering is of 30 spaces. If a word in the Scheduled Offering description contains more than 30 characters without spacing, then the table will be rezised, causing the right margin to expand further, making the text of the description of the Course to go further than the layout of background image.
This is a known defect. Our developers are currently working on a fix, and once completed, this KBA will be updated.
As a workaround, you may try brief the word to a maximum of 29 characters (whenever possible).
One common example is when putting an URL on the description, URLs do not contain spaces and might reach 30 characters long or even more. In this case, you can use a URL shortener service to create shorter URLs (make sure to use safe sources as Google URL shortener for example). Other can be to put the URL on the Course description rather than in the scheduled offering description.
description issues text overlay incorrect format , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS , SuccessFactors Learning , Bug Filed