While doing the Migration (independant of the way: Migration Activity or Mass Data Maintenance), on the Simulation Phase, system throws the error:
"Changing Ticket Type not possible; field is read-only"
Reproducing the Issue
As example for this document, I'll use the Migration Activity: Migration of Service Requests.
- Go to Business Configuration Work Centre;
- Search for Migration of Service Requests;
- Open the Activity;
- Click on "Migrate Service Requests Using Migration Tool";
- Fill in the necessary data;
- Migrate Step by Step;
- You face the error during the Simulation step: Changing Ticket Type not possible; field is read-only.
The field Ticket Type is indeed read-only and should not be changed.
However, if you leave it blank on the Migration Template, system tries to add the Type ID: 'SRRQ' on its place, as explained on the template.
It is important to be aware of some facts:
1. Ticket Type is only editable on Ticket Creation, after that it is indeed read only, as stated on the Error Message received;
2. When filling in the template, if Ticket Type is empty, the system uses the Type: 'SRRQ' as default;
Based on that, if you let the template line Ticket Type empty, the system tries to add the value SRRQ to it and since the field is read-only, you get the error message.
This is the expected system behavior.
To avoid the error message, you need to fill in the Ticket Type field (please use the ID, not the Description of the Type).
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To