Administrator types access explained
SAP Jam Administrator Types Access
SAP Jam Collaboration administration is performed in the Admin console by three types of administrators: support administrators, area administrators, and company administrators.
- As an SAP Jam company administrator, area administrator, or support administrator click the Cog icon at the top of any SAP Jam page.
A context menu is displayed.
Figure 1: The cog icon's context menu
- Select Admin from the context menu.
If you don't have support administrator, area administrator, or company administrator privileges, this option will not appear in the context menu.
There are four administrator types:
- Group administrators are regular users that have created a group or who have been invited to be a group administrator. Group administrators have special privileges within the groups that they administer, but those privileges do not extend beyond those groups, so they are not relevant to the subjects discussed in this guide and their privileges do not include those shown in the following table. The capabilities of group administrators are fully documented in the SAP Jam Collaboration Group Administration Guide.
- Support administrators have access to a subset of the functionality available to a Company Administrator. The role was established to provide Company Administrators with relief of their workload by giving Support Administrators access to many of the day-to-day duties of SAP Jam administration. This also protects the stability of the SAP Jam service by limiting access to features that can have great impact on the functionality of the SAP Jam service to a smaller group of people who, though their focus on SAP Jam, become more knowledgeable about the effect of configuration changes.
- Area administrators have access to a specific group that sets an area of their control, and all of the groups that are subsequently created in that area. As with support administrators, delegated administrators have access to a subset of the functionality available to a company administrator.
- Company administrators have access to the full range of capabilities within the Admin console. This gives them the greatest power to change the look, feel, and functions of the SAP Jam service, but it also requires greater knowledge of the SAP Jam service, a greater responsibility, and therefore typically a greater focus of their job duties on configuring and maintaining the SAP Jam service in a manner that suits the needs of your organization.
The privileges granted to the last three of these different administrator types are shown in the following tables.
The following table shows the access privileges of each type of administrator to SAP Jam Company tab features.
|Admin console pages||Administrator Types|
|Able to edit the company wiki|
|Redirect user to the company wiki after login|
The following table shows the access privileges of each type of administrator to SAP Jam Admin console features.
|Admin console pages||Administrator Types|
|Change Admin Area: This option requires that a company administrator first configure areas to be controlled by area administrators in the Configure administrative areas page. Once this is done, the defined administrative areas will be available from this drop-down menu. Area administrators will only have access to the areas to which they have been given administrative access and to the Admin console options listed in the rest of this table. Also the scope of the operations that they perform will be limited to only the selected administrative area.|
|Area Overview: Area Overview page.|
|General: View your SAP Jam service general information.|
|Users pages||Administrator Types|
|Users & Member Lists: Users and member lists.|
|Extranet: Extranet management.|
|SCIM Provisioning: SCIM Provisioning.|
|Alias Accounts: Alias Accounts.|
|Administrative Areas page||Administrator Types|
|Administrative Areas: Configure administrative areas.|
|Branding pages||Administrator Types|
|Branding and Support: Configure the Branding and Support options.|
|Email Templates: Configure Email Templates options.|
|Integrations pages||Administrator Types|
|External Applications: This page covers two main types of application that can be integrated in SAP Jam: business records and document repositories, each of which is documented in separate sections:
|OAuth Clients: Add an OAuth Client.||Optional|
|OpenSocial Gadgets: OpenSocial Gadgets. If you plan on developing your own OpenSocial gadget, see the OpenSocial Gadgets section in the SAP Jam Collaboration Developer Guide.||Optional|
|Widget Builders: Use the Widget Builders.|
|SAML Trusted IDPs: Add a SAML Trusted IDP.|
|SAML Local Identity Provider: Configure SAP Jam Collaboration as a SAML Local Identity Provider.||Optional|
|Gamification: Integrate SAP Jam Collaboration with gamification vendors.|
|OpenSearch Clients: Federate SAP Jam Collaboration search results into SharePoint searches.|
|SAML Local Service Provider: Configure a SAML Local Service Provider.|
|Employee Central: Configure Global Assignment in Employee Central.||Optional|
|Product Setup pages||Administrator Types|
|Features: Configure SAP Jam Collaboration Features.|
|Custom Home Page: Customize the home page.||Optional|
|Custom Profile: Custom Profile administration.|
|Kudos: Configure Kudos options.|
|Getting Started Wizard: Configure the Getting Started Wizard.|
|Hashtags: Hashtags administration.|
|Groups Management: Groups management.|
|Group Templates: Group templates administration.
NoteThis section is also available in the SAP Jam Collaboration Group Administration Guide, where it can be viewed in context with other group administration concepts and procedures.
|Content Templates: Content templates.|
|Compliance & Security pages||Administrator Types|
|Extranet Terms of Service: Configure an Extranet Terms of Service.|
|Custom Terms of Service: Configure a Custom Terms of Service.|
|Content Administration: Configure Content Administration options.|
|Compliance: Configure Compliance monitoring.|
|Security: Configure Security options.|
|Mobile page||Administrator Types|
|SAP Jam Mobile app: Configure the SAP Jam mobile app.|
|Analytics pages||Administrator Types|
|Reports: Administrator reports.||Optional|
|Extensions Catalog page||Administrator Types|